- 1 cup diced organic onion
- Organic oil or spray, for sautéing
- 1 tbsp minced organic garlic
- 2/3 cup dry organic lentils
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 1/2 tbsp organic taco seasoning
- optional 1/2 cup roasted diced sweet potato
- gluten-free taco shells or lettuce cups
- optional toppings, such as salsa, avocado, cheese-style shreds, etc.
- In a medium pot, sauté the onion (in oil or spray) over medium heat until browned.
- Add garlic, and cook one additional minute.
- Add all remaining ingredients (excluding optional toppings, sweet potato, and shells), and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, cover and lower to a simmer for 40 minutes or until lentils are soft and water is absorbed.
- To assemble: Stir in sweet potato if using. Place about 1/4 cup lentil mixture in each shell or lettuce cup. Top as desired.
Recipe courtesy of Chocolate Covered Katie.