Looking for a lighter version of one of your take-out favorites? Make this organic orange chicken recipe, courtesy of The Clean Eating Couple, and pair with your favorite green veggies for a healthy dinner at home!
- 2 lbs organic, free-range boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups organic steamed broccoli or green beans
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup diced organic onion
- 2 cups organic orange juice
- 1/4 cup organic chicken broth (optional)
- 1/4 cup organic coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons organic honey
- 1 teaspoon organic garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh organic ginger***
- 1/2 tablespoon organic orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Clean and cut chicken into 1-inch cubes.
2. In a large frying pan, heat sesame oil. Cook the chicken until the edges are brown and slightly crispy (Approx 12-15 minutes)
3. As the chicken is cooking, stir together the sauce mixture in a separate bowl
4. Once the chicken is thoroughly cooked remove it from the pan and place it off to the side in a separate bowl.
5. Pour the sauce mixture into the same pan you cooked the chicken in.
6. Bring the sauce mixture to a boil for 15-20 minutes, stirring every minute or so until it starts to thicken. (You will know it has thickened when you scrape the pan and it pulls away from the pan)
7. When the sauce thickens, add the cooked chicken back in + stir to coat the chicken
8. Serve over steamed broccoli or green beans for a paleo option, or rice/quinoa.
9. Sprinkle with sesame seeds + enjoy!
*** If substituting ground ginger for fresh ginger, cut the amount to 1/2 teaspoon
Recipe and image courtesy of The Clean Eating Couple. For nutrition facts, a video tutorial or Instant Pot cooking instructions, visit TheCleanEatingCouple.com.