In honor of National Childhood Obesity Month, here are 6 quick tips and tricks on getting your kids active.
- Play with them: get outside with your kids and enjoy the fresh air!
- Limit screen time: this can prevent your child from becoming too dependent on entertainment from Television or Video Games.
- Lead by example: show your kids how to lead a healthy lifestyle by living it with them.
- Involve their friends: invite friends to partake in the activities.
- Make it fun: don’t make exercising seem like a punishment! Use the moment as a break from homework and for some quality time, like throwing or kicking a ball around outside or going for a relaxing evening walk.
- Establish a routine: plugging in regular family fitness is key. Plan a walk around the neighborhood after dinner and weekend bike rides to get in the habit.