- 7-8 cups organic mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and/or blackberries)
- 3 Tbsp organic maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp organic arrowroot starch (or cornstarch or gluten-free flour)
- 1 Tbsp organic lemon juice
- 1 cup organic almond flour (or almond meal)
- ⅔ cup shredded or desiccated coconut (or sub almond flour or rolled oats if OK with grains)
- 1 cup roughly chopped organic pecans (or other nut of choice)
- ½ cup coconut sugar (or organic cane sugar)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 4 Tbsp organic coconut oil or vegan butter
- 2 Tbsp organic maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) and add fruit directly to a 9×13-inch or similar size dish. Top with maple syrup, arrowroot, and lemon juice and toss to combine.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the almond flour, coconut, pecans, coconut sugar, and salt. Stir to combine. Then add coconut oil (or vegan butter) and mix again (with a spoon or your hands) until evenly distributed. Taste a little and see if it’s sweet enough for you. Add either more coconut sugar or a little maple syrup.
- Spread the crisp topping evenly over the fruit. Bake uncovered on the center oven rack for 40-45 minutes or until the fruit is bubbling and the top is golden brown.
- Let cool 10 minutes before serving. Serve as is, or with organic Coconut Whipped Cream or Coconut Vanilla Ice Cream!
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator up to 4 days
Recipe and image courtesy of Minimalist Baker.