Your genetics can tell a lot more about your health, personal use of nutrients and foods, and lifestyle recommendations than you may think. To dive deeper into this topic, Dr. Eduardo Maristany joined Dr. Lindsey Berkson, on her podcast and YouTube show to discuss genetics, medicine, nutrition, and how they play a role in COVID-19. To listen to the podcast, visit Dr. Berkson’s website or view the video below to watch the discussion.
Topics covered in the episode also include:
- Information about genetic polymorphisms or “snips”
- How do doctors interpret your snips to guide your health journey and make preventative recommendations
- The connected relationship between hormones and genetic interpretation
- Why some snips reveal themselves as we age
- The role genetics plays in COVID-19
- Suggestions to reduce the use of Proton Pump Inhibiting Acid Blockers
- Information on migraines, gut health and genes
To learn more about how genetic testing supports your health and IntellxxDNA™ services available at Naples Center for Functional Medicine, visit https://naplescfm.com/intellxxdna/.
To subscribe or view more health podcasts from Dr. Berkson, including “To Mask or Not to Mask?” and “The FDA’s Role in the “Covid Crisis” and What You Can Do About It” visit her website.
You may also enjoy:
- VIDEO: THE REALITIES OF COVID-19: Discrediting Hoax Rumors & Debunking Conspiracy Theories
- BLOG: Immune-boosting tips
- VIDEO: COVID-19: Genomics, Sambucus & Andrographis with Dr. David Perlmutter & Dr. Sharon Hausman-Cohen
As always, consult with your physician prior to making any substantial lifestyle, health or nutritional changes. For questions, please contact our office at 239-649-7400 or submit an appointment request through our online form.