- 1 medium organic white onion peeled and sliced
- 6-8 organic carrots peeled and sliced diagonally and thinly (between 1/8 and 1/4 inch)
- 4 dried organic apricots or dried plums quartered (I prefer plums for the color)
- 1/4 cup organic olive oil plus a little more to brush on chicken
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup organic chicken broth
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper depending on your taste buds
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried organic cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt plus more to sprinkle on chicken
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper plus more for chicken
- 4 large organic cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 8 pieces organic chicken things bone in skin
- Serve over organic rice, quinoa, or couscous cooked to package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and place oven rack in upper third of oven.
- Prepare onions, carrots and dried plums or apricots and place into a large casserole dish.
- Whisk together all other ingredients and pour over veggies.
- Place chicken pieces on top of veggies skin side up.
- Use a pastry brush to brush chicken skin with olive oil and season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
- Place in oven and cook for 45 minutes at 425 degrees, then turn oven down to 375 and cook for 15 more minutes.
- Serve over rice, quinoa, or couscous prepared to package instructions and spoon the juices over your meal.
Recipe courtesy of The Organic Kitchen.